Monday, October 21, 2013

His strength is perfect...just some needed reminders...

2 Peter 1:2-4 (NLT)
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.
Growing in Faith (this title was listed on the biblegateway website...how fitting...)
By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the One who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence. And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (AMP)
But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
10 So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).

So it's been a bit of a tough week spiritually and emotionally, and I'm longing tonight to cling to His great and precious promises (2 Peter 1:2-4; Joshua 23:14), especially the one where He promises His strength is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9-10) because lately I have felt like an inadequate, weak, failure on so many levels. 

Even in the midst of this "storm," I have been reminded of precious nuggets of His Truth, which makes me thankful that He even takes the time for these reminders.

THANKFUL...as I reflect upon the past 18 years (18 years tomorrow- October 22!) I have been in a relationship with Jesus:
Thankful He chose me, forgave me, and saved me (John 15)
Thankful for His enduring love (Psalm 136) that endures through all my stupidity
Thankful for His inexhaustible patience (1 Timothy 1:12-17) even when I am so impatient with myself and others
Thankful for His unfathomable understanding (Isaiah 40:28) even when I have no idea why He even bothers with me and I don't understand myself
Thankful He hears me (Psalm 55:17; 145:19; Prov.15:29; Isaiah 30:19; 1 John 5:14-15) and He actually listens with a heart full of unfailing love that I can't begin to comprehend (1 John 3:1)
Thankful He daily bears my burdens (Psalm 68:19-20)...DAILY...wow
Thankful He knows everything about me (Psalm 139)- even the number of hairs on my head! and He isn't discouraged by how futile I am (Psalm 103)...oh how faithful He is!

So many other reasons I could list, but these are just to name a few as I am in desperate need of remembering the goodness of the Lord and His mercies towards me...for they are new EVERY morning (Lamentations 3)...and His goodness and mercy will follow me ALL the days of my life (Psalm 23)...

No comments: