Monday, August 02, 2010

In Whom Shall We Trust?

THIS WAS A BLOG ENTRY OF MINE FROM MARCH 2007 FROM MY OLD MYSPACE PAGE THAT I FIND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM EVEN NOW 3 1/2 YEARS LATER, MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH ENDURANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AS WELL:


This blog is actually an excerpt from an email I received from an amazing ministry called Hopegivers International. I don't normally do blogging because there's so much internet mess out there that I don't think I want to add my daily thoughts to for the world to read. And I just don't have enough time to post things regularly (I already tried!).

Anyways, this was an amazing encouragement to me as I am in the middle of a "storm" of transition in my life. May you be encouraged as you read this to trust in the Only One Who is forever faithful, Jesus Christ.

In Whom Shall we Trust? written by M.A. Thomas
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline," (Proverbs 1:7). The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'.   In whom then shall we trust? 
When I was going through so many difficulties last year, I had to learn to rely completely on God. Without safety, rest, regular food or any pleasant things of the world to comfort me, I was forced to cling to God and His word to guide me through. Surely there were dark days, but friends, these trials have brought about in me unprecedented spiritual growth. If I was forced to rely on myself, if I didn't know God, there is no way I could have survived the turmoil.  
Throughout the year, God's word spoke to me:  "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose," (Romans 8:28).
 

"But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive," (Genesis 50:20).
Reading through God's word, I thought about more of God's people—Job, Joseph, Daniel, Mordecai, Esther, and others who experienced terrible strife and struggle.  What do you suppose they would say today if they were asked whether God's work in their lives was for good?
Think for a moment about what is happening in your life, the trials you are facing.  Instead of thinking of it as the end of your world, think of it as a way for God to let you know that He is here for you. Think of it as an opportunity to grow in faith like never before.  He tries our faith so that we will try His faithfulness.  What is happening is for your good even though you cannot understand it at this time. 
God will support you in all your trials.  The more you seek Him, the more your trust in Him will be strengthened—I promise you this!  Praise God always and permit Him to do the very best things in and through your life.  Remember: Before you can enjoy the rainbow, you must endure the storm.


My final thoughts on this are to always remember God has your best interest at heart...more than you ever could or even know.

No comments: