Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where You go, I'll go. Where You stay, I'll stay...

The title of this blog post comes from Ruth 1:16. It is also the main chorus of a popular contemporary Christian song by Chris Tomlin that has been continuously brought to my mind over and over since this past February when I made the decision to return to Taiwan (Again?!) for a 3rd round. That's right! I will be returning to Taiwan in less than a week to begin a 2-year commitment (minimum) as a guidance counselor for Kindergarten-8th grade at a Christian International school there.

I am going with fear and trembling and a bunch of other emotions, but yet I know that God set this opportunity before me and will be faithful to equip me to do what He wants me to do. I greatly appreciate your prayers as I go...not only for me- to cling to the Lord, for Him to deepen my passion for Himself and others (especially the students, co-workers, and people of Taiwan)- but also for my family. It's very difficult to leave them behind, but as a dear friend once told me- "if we are faithful to take care of what God loves, He is faithful to take care of what we love."

Thank you friends and family, for you are just as much a part of this adventure by your love, support, and prayers!

This is a picture of a cake that my sweet friends from my Bible study group got for me at a surprise going-away party they held for me. I will miss you all! 

No comments: