Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! a little late :)

So I should have posted pictures a while ago of my apartment once all my furniture got here in September, but I let the busyness of the school year keep me from blogging regularly. So here are some pictures of my apartment now with my furniture, personal belongings, walls painted, and Christmas decorations. One of these days I will put some pictures on the walls, but for now this is what I got :)

Living room

Living room

More living room

More living room...looking into the kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen/Dining area

More kitchen with slight view of laundry room and living room

My "Barnes & Noble" room that my friends here named it 
(the walls are actually a little more of an amber color, but here they look like the yellow that's in the living room, but they're not that yellow)

More "Barnes & Noble" room

and still more "B&N" room


And now below are some close-ups of some of my favorite Christmas decorations:

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree

The Christmas Coat Rack

The Disco Ball ornament
(I like this one because of an analogy given in my Bible study of Isaiah last year. Let me know if you ever want to hear it. I'll tell you!)

The Nativity 
(my Grandma gave me this last year. My first Nativity set ever!)

My College years Christmas tree 
(it's all of about 6 inches tall, but it was my only tree up until last week when I bought the other one!)

The Taiwan One-Armed Snowman or Snow-woman? 
(just bought this last week because of how random it was!)

The Nativity scene ornament 
(there are 4 of them on my tree, just got these last week also in Taipei) 
it's what Christmas is all about...Jesus!

My first Christmas ornament ever 
(My Grandma bought me Hallmark Christmas ornaments from the time I was born until I was about 21- thank you, Grandma Gilhooley...I love you.)

The Kissing Angels 
(These were my Grandma's and she graciously gave them to me a couple of years ago. I used to play with these as a young child when I lived with my grandparents. Many sweet memories!)

The Christmas Lamp 
(didn't know where else to put all my ornaments!)

My bedroom

More of my bedroom

My bathroom 
(my favorite part of this bathroom is the shower curtain!)


So that's the grand tour for now! Thanks for coming! Wish I could have many of you come visit. But this will have to do for now, I suppose.

Special thanks to those that helped me pack all of this stuff and unpack it as well.

Thankful to God for all of you and for a home.

1 comment:

Josh and Jadey said...

Wow, your apartment is huge. What a nice space. What happen to having the Mexican fort in your room? Just kidding. I will write back to you writing to me forever ago one of these days. In the mean time I hope you are well, you are in my thoughts.