Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

Being away from home during the holidays is definitely not easy. I have spent several holidays in the past away from home for various missions-related reasons, but for some reason the older I get the harder it gets. I will say, however, I am thankful to so many of the Morrison staff members that graciously opened up their homes and invited me to join them and their families and friends for delicious meals, fun games, and great fellowship. Special thanks to the McGills, Falks, Senners, Moons, Johnsons, and soooo many more! Thank you all.

Here are a few pictures from Christmas eve night at the McGills with some new sweet friends:



The McGill boys (missing 1)

Ellen and Dee being silly
Love them!

Ellen and me :)


God never ceases to amaze me on how He continually fulfills His promises over and over....and over again. He doesn't have to. He doesn't owe me or anyone else anything. But He is the Ultimate-Giver. He loves to give us good things, for He Himself is good. Thank You, Lord, that You are good and what you do is good.

Psalm 119:68 NIV


You are good, and what You do is good; teach me Your decrees.


And thank You, Lord, for Your gracious fulfillment of the promise to set the "lonely" in families, especially this "lonely" one.

Psalm 68:5-6 NIV
5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
   is God in His holy dwelling. 
6 God sets the lonely in families,
   He leads out the prisoners with singing;
   but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

No comments: