Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gearing up for all things new...with Jesus.

Wow...it's the end of the summer and almost the beginning of a new school year! I guess you could say I am "gearing up" for yet another transition back to Taiwan, to a new school year, and a few other new things to adjust to when I get back (new classes, new students, new staff, new principal, etc.).

I have been asked if I am ready for it? Well, my answer to that is....with Jesus I am. It is only by His sustaining grace can I continue to deal with and grow through the constant of change and transition in my life. Change is hard. Leaving and saying goodbye is NEVER easy. Honestly, I don't like it. I don't think anyone does. I don't think we were meant to. It is often through these difficult goodbyes and emotions we are forced to look up to Him and say, "one day..."

"One day..." there will be no more goodbyes, no more tears, no more pain and sorrow...FOREVER. PERIOD. Hallelujah! What joy to look forward to!

Yet on the other hand, it is in moments of reflecting on this fact that also make me ache all the more for my prayers to be answered for my family members to come to a saving knowledge of the truth and begin a relationship with Christ. O Lord, let it be so.

I'm thankful God is a God that is constantly pursuing after people's hearts. I'm thankful He is the Lifter of our heads and Lover of our souls. I'm thankful for His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us. May we continue to look to Him, seek Him, and rely on Him for He is the One we will never have to say goodbye to. Thank You, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister. I love you twinny, safe travels back to TW, praying for you xxx Ruth